Providing CFO services in Dallas/Fort Worth, TX and surrounding areas
Fort Worth, TX CFO
29 Years of Experience
Certificates & Licenses:
BS Business Administration, 1982
Financial Executives Networking Group (FENG)
Association of Finance Professionals (AFP)
Contact Mark Maness and receive a free Discovery Analysis™
- A confidential meeting with the business owner(s), then interview company staff.
- Look at the company’s financial information and computer systems.
- Benchmark financial information against industry averages.
- Create a confidential report of our findings in The Strategy Gameplan™
Mark is an accomplished CFO with a proven financial management track record of working closely with entrepreneurs, business owners and investors to deliver strategic guidance, process improvements and working capital planning and management.
With 29 years of experience he brings an extensive, well rounded tool kit of skills that has helped drive organizations to their peak levels of profitability and performance. Mark earned his CPA as an Audit Senior with a “Big Four” accounting firm and his finance skills were sharpened during his thirteen years as a senior management treasury professional. Mark discovered his passion for providing financial guidance in a proactive, entrepreneurial role in 1994 when he co-founded, and served as the CFO for one of the first Internet companies in the state of Texas. Since that time he has continued to serve as a trusted business advisor to owners of start-up, turnaround and mid-market businesses in a variety of industries.
While every business issue is unique, and the goals of each business owner may vary, Mark has found that virtually all solutions to these issues revolve around three key, often interrelated areas – Communications, Controls and Cash. Once these key areas are mapped, the road to profitability can be navigated with clarity and confidence.
Some of the main achievements that Mark has delivered to business owners include:
- Helped negotiate the sale of Company to a Venture Capital buyer and ensured the owners continuing role after the sale
- Implemented a credit and collection policy that reduced Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) from 48 to 31 days
- Developed reporting and communication tools, along with targeted expense reductions that allowed Company to emerge from its Banks workout group, and significantly, remain a customer of the bank upon exit
- Worked with Investment Bankers to take Company to market
- Secured asset based Lines of Credit and cash flow based term loans
- Identified, negotiated and performed due diligence on acquisitions. Instituted procedures that allowed for the smooth consolidation of operations
- Restructured the Accounting and Finance department to reduce headcount by 30% while providing the infrastructure required to accommodate sales growth from 35 million to over 60 million per year
- Educated staff and outside legal counsel on recent bankruptcy provisions and aggressively pursued the reimbursement of a six figure account written off
- Trained sales and operations staff on the relationship building opportunities associated with the negotiation of payment terms and collection calls
- Researched, identified and resolved issues that led to significant unrecorded liabilities. Communicated information and action plan to tackle the issue to auditors, lenders and taxing authorities
- Built and managed relationships with Company’s key partners including investors, lenders, private equity, auditors, lenders, insurance advisors and attorneys.
Mark has experience in public, private and family run businesses that span such industries as real estate, utilities, investments, oil and gas, insurance, internet, e-commerce, distribution, finance, payroll and staffing. He takes pride in the mission of B2B CFO® – to provide superior financial management services to small and mid-market businesses, at a fraction of the cost of a full time CFO.
A graduate of Trinity University in San Antonio with a Bachelors of Science degree in Business Administration, he earned his CPA in 1985 and attained Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) accreditation in 2002. Mark has been married to his wife Carol for 30 years and they have three children. In his spare time Mark enjoys volunteering as a youth athletic coach, supporting Junior Achievement and attending collegiate sporting events with his family.