What do you do when you need to break the glass? Is your organization ready? Emergencies can come in many forms: personal illness, disability, family illness or catastrophe or death. While not a pleasant topic, it is important to have a plan in place to continue your business. Among other items, these plans need to include the following:
- Definition of the emergency event
- Outline the decision making authorities
- Establish job roles and management succession
- Plan for the sale of the business
- Provide for life insurance
- Provide for disability insurance
- Outline a communication plan
- Regularly review the plan
In case of emergency – be prepared. … Read more >
An entrepreneur doesn’t need an MBA to be successful but there is a certain mindset an entrepreneur must cultivate to grow, understand and lead their business.Business leaders who attain this mindset are the ones who ultimately succeed. This mindset has four, intertwining aspects.
Anticipate failure. In a study conducted by Duke University and the University of Southern California, 549 successful company founders said the most important reason for their success was their ability to learn from mistakes.… Read more >
Anyone who has started a business has his or her own rules and guidelines, so I thought I would add to the memo with my own. My “rules” below aren’t just for those founding the companies, but for those who are considering going to work for them, as well.
1. Don’t start a company unless it’s an obsession and something you love.… Read more >