Providing CFO services and Business Transition Services in Dallas/Fort Worth, TX and surrounding areas
Coppell, TX CFO
39 Years of Experience
214 402 8315
MBA - University of Dallas
BBA - Eastern Michigan University
Certificates & Licenses:
Maurine F Bailey Cultural Foundation
Contact Glen Katlein and receive a free Discovery Analysis™
- A confidential meeting with the business owner(s), then interview company staff.
- Look at the company’s financial information and computer systems.
- Benchmark financial information against industry averages.
- Create a confidential report of our findings in The Strategy Gameplan™
Glen is a proven change agent providing strategic financial management leadership that helps successful growth and exit transitions. His track record includes:
- Exit strategy (business sales) - mergers and acquisitions 20 businesses - over $2 billion
- Attaining debt ($50k to $20 million) and equity funding ($500k to $4 million),
- Early stage business growth 2X EBITDA 1 Year, turnarounds, and 8 start-ups
- Strategic planning proformas / budgeting / forecasting,
- Line of business / customer profitability and pricing models,
- Dashboard reports, KPI metrics, accountability scorecards,
- Fnancial systems and process reengineering/Six Sigma: Green Belt project Top 1%
He is a "hands on" team player and strategic business partner who is sensitive to business needs while maintaining integrity in the numbers.
Glen has over 38 years’ experience, including 22 years as CFO for public and privately held companies. He has controller, internal audit, and Big 4 experience. Industries include manufacturing, services, distribution, health care, transportation, oil and gas, financial services, contractors and not for profit organizations.
Glen has led 17 acquisitions totaling over $1.7 billion and led four (4) business sales totaling over $300 million. Glen is a Certified Business Transition ExpertTM trainer for B2B CFO®.
As a partner with B2B CFO® Glen has helped manufacturing, service, distribution, oilfield services, health care, and contractor businesses attain capital and debt funding, identify and implement strategic initiatives to improve profitability, and improve reporting systems to enable timely and effective business decision making. He has also helped not for profit service organizations improve their fiscal accountability.
Prior to B2B CFO® Glen was CFO for an early stage company that practically doubled revenue (from $18 to $34 million), and operating income (from $5 to $9 million) in the second year of operation. He attained $100 million bank facility proposals, $45 million TRAC sale-leaseback proposals, and $15 million subordinated debt to fund growth.
As a Region CFO Glen contributed leadership to turnaround an underperforming region which exceeded its business plan for the first time and each succeeding year, and within two years ranked number 2 on the overall internal scorecard. Glen is a certified Six Sigma Green Belt and led a project selected one of 15 Best amongst 1400 projects.
As a Group CFO, Glen served 5+ years as ‘shared’ CFO for several business units with annual revenue ranging from $10 to $200 million. He was a key executive team member for two highly successful start-up businesses exceeding $50 million annual revenue and 20% return on equity by their fifth year of operation.
He earned an MBA specializing in Corporate Finance from the University of Dallas. He earned his BBA in Accounting, graduating cum laude, from Eastern Michigan University.
Glen is also active in the community. He is currently Board Member and VP Finance for the Maurine F. Bailey Cultural Foundation. He previously served on the Board of Directors of Captain Hope’s Kids, Carter BloodCare, and ARC of Dallas (including two terms as President).
Glen and Tracy have been married 31 years. They have two daughters, a son in law, and a Yellow Lab Jack Russell Terrier mix.