Providing CFO services and Business Transition Services in Dallas/Fort Worth, TX and surrounding areas
James L. Bartlett
Arlington, TX CFO
39 Years of Experience
Bachelor of Science (BS), Business Administration, Concentration Finance
Master of Science (MS), Management
Certificates & Licenses:
Certified Mergers &
Certified Business Transition Expert
Alliance of Mergers & Acquisitions Advisors
Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Fort Worth Chapter, Texas Society of CPAs
Contact James Bartlett and receive a free Discovery Analysis™
- A confidential meeting with the business owner(s), then interview company staff.
- Look at the company’s financial information and computer systems.
- Benchmark financial information against industry averages.
- Create a confidential report of our findings in The Strategy Gameplan™
Jim is a trusted senior CFO with a track record of contributing to company growth and increasing value. He is skilled in managing balance sheets and liquidity, optimizing working capital and borrowing needs with capital structure and assuring internal controls safeguard assets. His expertise extends to strategic planning, risk management, and corporate communication. He is known for his ability to successfully lead cross-functional collaboration and process improvement. He has guided companies through restructurings, exit strategy, and growth by acquisitions.
Jim has over 36 years of experience including serving in public accounting practice as Managing Partner, Senior Tax Partner and Senior Audit Partner of a regional CPA firm, and serving in industry as Controller, International Treasurer and CFO. This extensive experience brings a well-rounded tool kit of financial skills to grow revenue, improve profitability, manage cash flows, and lead change management.
Jim has worked with entrepreneurs, small and mid-sized companies, and not-for-profit boards, both domestically and internationally. Some examples of his delivered accomplishments are:
- Advised the executive team of a small divisional spin-off through a high growth trajectory which resulted in doubling the company size from 4 to 9 locations in 4 states, driving revenue growth an average of 40% each year over a 7-year period, and increasing the company valuation by 5X.
- Planned and guided the acquisition of three companies and the division of another company, structured and arranged the financing, and managed their absorption into operations.
- Developed and implemented a cost reduction plan in keeping with sales projections, obtained Board approval for plan to increase profit margins, decrease headcount, and monitor efficiency of labor and equipment utilization, while decreasing indirect overhead rates that achieved cost and expense savings of $1.5 million annually.
- Significantly reduced the company's projected insurance costs through effective risk management, negotiated and structured the insurance packages (GL, excess, environmental, auto, workers comp, employee benefits) that held per capita employer medical insurance costs to minimal increases over a three year period and saved $300K in insurance expenses.
- Streamlined processes to improve operational efficiencies by implementing administrative policies, improving accounting procedures, cross training financial/accounting personnel, improving accounts receivable and accounts payable processing including conversion to ACH that reduced headcount while more than tripling revenues.
Jim earned his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration concentration in Finance from Alfred University in Alfred, New York and his Master of Science in Management, concentration in Accounting/Taxation, from Florida International University in Miami, Florida.
Jim and his wife Karen have been married for 43 years. Their son graduated from Criswell College in Dallas and their daughter graduated from Dallas Baptist University.