Providing CFO services and Business Transition Services in Dallas/Fort Worth, TX and surrounding areas
Steven F Tabor
Irving, TX CFO
30 Years of Experience
DePaul University, Chicago, Illinois.
University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois
Certificates & Licenses:
Masters of Business Administration Degree in Finance, 1986
CPA Certificate, State of Illinois, 1977
Bachelors of Science Degree in Accounting, 1976
Gerson-Lehrman Consulting Group (GLG)
Financial Executives Networking Group (FENG)
Texas CPA Society (TSCPA)
Illinois CPA Society (ISCPA)
Circle of Finance Opportunities – DePaul University (CFO)
International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
Real Estate Financial Executives Association – Dallas (REFEA)
Contact Steven Tabor and receive a free Discovery Analysis™
- A confidential meeting with the business owner(s), then interview company staff.
- Look at the company’s financial information and computer systems.
- Benchmark financial information against industry averages.
- Create a confidential report of our findings in The Strategy Gameplan™
Steven has over 35 years of financial experience including 25 years as a Chief Financial Officer/VP of Finance. He has a proven track record of being able to act as a strategic partner and key advisor to the principals of these organizations. Throughout his career, he has been a results-oriented, hands-on person that has contributed in many operational areas to improve profitability without compromising the operations of that particular business venture. He has an extensive contact list that includes bankers, attorneys, accountants and other independent financial professionals throughout the country.
Major accomplishments include:
- Negotiating and closing of loans and credit lines which resulted in substantial increases in cash flow.
- Successfully acquiring and disposing properties and entities per established target prices.
- Achieving substantial reductions in internal operating and administrative costs.
- Implementing policies and procedures to collect outstanding receivables.
- Achieving substantial reductions in insurance costs, outside legal, and accounting fees.
- Implementing comprehensive expense budgeting and sales forecasting systems.
- Developing systems to control store inventories and increase inventory turnover.
- Consolidating workflows that resulted in staff reductions of over 20% without compromising operational results.
Steven was born and raised in Chicago. He moved to Dallas in 1994, after a successful career with a prominent Chicago organization, The Joseph Group. The Joseph Group was involved in various businesses including building materials (retail and wholesale) and real estate. He began his career with the Joseph Group in 1977 and became the CFO in 1987.
Starting in 1994 and encompassing a 19 year period, Steven was employed with an entrepreneurial Dallas based family organization (Duda Group) that had investments in many areas. During his tenure with the Duda Group, his role included handling the corporate as well as the personal finances of the various principals of the family.
Steven obtained his CPA Certification in 1977 and his MBA in Finance in 1986.
Steven lives in the Dallas area. He has been married 30+ years and has two children. He loves to play golf and tennis and enjoys taking long walks on the beach.