About Bob Boulanger
Providing CFO Services to Businesses in the Dallas, Texas, Area
Bob has an extensive record of financial and operational accomplishments as an innovative finance executive. Residing just northeast of Dallas in Garland, Texas, Bob brings 26 years of experience to the great city of Dallas.
Great CFOs can create order out of chaos, and Bob is no exception. This honest and ethical team leader offers strong leadership along with consistency. His powerful CFO and COO skills allow him to help companies achieve their highest goals. Bob has extensive experience in areas such as service, manufacturing, distribution, and health care with a focus on industries including, energy, financial services, computer, semiconductor, biotechnology and telecommunications.
During his career in the Dallas, Texas area, Bob has held numerous key financial management roles and always exceeds business objectives with a commitment to excellence. He is a team leader who is results-oriented and is able to manage continuous innovations that result in internal efficiencies and sustainable, scalable growth. By using proven techniques, he is able to develop an organization’s infrastructure by using automation and integration of technology thereby reducing costs and time.
Along with the ever-increasing and in-demand exit strategy and M&A development and execution skills, other core competencies include strategic planning, risk management, financial planning, treasury, cash flow projection, purchasing accounting, cost accounting, facilities and real estate management, SOX implementation and management. Additionally, Bob developed and applies a solid approach to debt and equity acquisition in privately held companies.
Other skills include:
- Cash management
- Cash flow
- Business strategy
- Debt acquisition or restructuring
- Managing private equity strategies
- Identifying and controlling enterprise risks
- Improving cycle times and operational efficiencies
- Improved accuracy and timeliness of financial reports
- Reduce staff turnover
- Expansion strategy
- Manage accounting team to free up entrepreneurs for business development
Bob has a BA in Finance from the University of Rhode Island and an MBA from Southern New Hampshire University. He, his wife Beth and their two children moved to the Dallas area in 1994. Married 28 years, Bob and Beth call Garland, Texas, home and enjoy visiting their grandchildren.
- University of Rhode Island, Southern New Hampshire University, Harvard Business School (Executive Strategy Program)
Certificates & Licenses:
- BS in Finance \\\’78, MBA \\\’92
- FENG, FEI
Articles by Bob Boulanger
- Avoid These Common Mistakes Before a Sale
- Can Artificial Intelligence Help Your Company?
- Should You Focus on Cash Flow or Profit First?
- When is Invoice Factoring the Right Move?
- Save Thousands on Vendor Costs With Just 3 Questions
- Increase Breathing Room With This Metric
- Increased Business Literacy Leads to Higher Profits
- IPO versus Acquisition: Which is Best?
- To Develop a Successful Strategic Plan, Start With Your Death
- Should you consider divestiture?
- Your Exit Strategy: Face the Facts Now or Pay Later
- Finance Fundamentals: The Foundation for Innovation
- Secrets to a Successful Merger and Acquisition
- How to Increase Profitability With Value-Based Pricing
- A Commonly Overlooked Strategy to Boost Profitability
- Why an ESOP May Be an Excellent Exit Strategy
- The Key to Long-Term Success: Don’t Confuse Growth with Scaling
- CFOs Identify Top Operational Risks
- Financial Strategies Must Adapt to Market Conditions
- Scaling Startup Growth: A CFO’s Perspective
- Hire the Right Employee: Protect Your Bottom Line by Avoiding Common Hiring Mistakes
- Get a Jump Start on Financial Success in 2017
- How to Boost the Outcome of a Merger or Acquisition
- How to Not Run Out of Money
- 5 Best Apps for Small Business Owners
- Do You Have a GamePlan?
- A dozen deductions for your small business (part one)
- Is 2016 the Year You Will Sell Your Business? (Part One)
- Tax Planning Businesses Can Do Before Year End
- Top Reasons for Business Owners to Plan Their Exit
- 5 Smart Tips For Successfully Selling Your Business
- Effectively Managing Remote Workers
- The Minimum Wage: To Raise Or Not To Raise?
- Only 4 Ways to Improve Profit
- Keep It Simple (part two)
- CFO vs Controller/Bookkeeper
- You Might Have A Great Idea, But Can You Sell It?
- The Truth Behind Government Grants for Small Businesses
- The Realistic Value of Your Business
- Profit Improvement Solutions
- Hiring or Outsourcing CFO – Right time to hire full time CFO (part 2)
- Tips for Profit Growth
- Pricing Management
- Increase Productivity, Not Payroll
- 10 Questions to Ask When Working With an Accountant
- 5 Small Business Mistakes To Avoid in 2015
- Financial Outlook for US based SMEs in 2015
- 5 Time Management Techniques Worth Using
- 5 ways to sell your business at a peak price
- Five things to consider when selling your business
- Two Numbers Every Business Owner Should Know
- Dispelling Financial Statement Myths
- Are SBA loans bad for the economy?
- Minimum Wage Hikes: 4 Ways to Prepare Now
- How to Create More Cash Flow for Your Business
- Ignoring Employee Morale Will Cost You. Here’s the Solution.
- The Exit Strategy™ Seminar 2014 Sponsors Share Thoughts
- The 5 Numbers That Can Predict The Perfect Time To Sell Your Company
- How to Promote Your Business Using LinkedIn Effectively
- The minimum wage debate is heating up in a city near you. Here’s how an increase could affect you. (infographic)
- U.S. Economy Tacks on 288K Jobs in June; Jobless Rate Lowest Since September ‘08
- How to Communicate a Pay Raise
- Being A Leader Within Your Company- Making Decisions
- Mark Cuban’s 12 Rules for Startups
- Do You Need a New Tax Professional?
- What Your Business is Worth Misconceptions
- How To Reduce Costs When Starting A Business
- Tsunami effect
- Top 10 Tax Considerations When Selling Your Business
- How to Choose an Exit Strategy
- Leave it in D.C.: 5 Ways to Rise Above Politics at Work
- 3 WAYS TO VALUE A BUSINESS FOR SALE
- Cash Flow Management & Projection
- Business Financial Planning & Strategic Financial Planning
- Jerry L. Mills Named Among Top 5 Finalists of the Middle Market Thought Leader Award
- Prepare Your 2014 Success Plan
- Strategies: Questions to ask potential business partner
- Top 10 Small Business Trends for 2014
- Small Employers Shop the SHOP Exchange
- Property and Casualty Insurance Rates Continue to Rise
- Some Accountants are the Blind Leading the Blind
- STRATEGY MANAGEMENT: Perils of Poor Managerial Accounting
- Most Frequently Overlooked Federal Tax Deductions for Small Businesses
- What Your CPA Wishes You Knew
- Detailed Guide to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA)
- CFO Garland and Greater Dallas Area
- What Goes Into the Sale Price of Your Business?
- What Business Owners Get Wrong When Looking for Capital.
- Get a loan from what you already own
- Value Enhancement Requires Disciplined Approach
- Should You Franchise Your Business?
- Partners to Host Exit Strategy Seminar (TOMORROW)
- Six reasons why you need a CFO
- Improve Your Banking Relationship
- Two Truths and a Lie
- Is Accounts Receivable Really an Asset?
- When Hiring a New Attorney – Three Questions to Ask
- Top Ten Reasons for Business Owners to Plan Their Exit (continued)
- Smart 25 Awards: Who Will Win?
- Tips for a Growing Business
- What Forecasting is Not
- Smart 25 Awards
- Sense of Urgency