About Chris James
Chris joined B2B CFO®; in July 2, 2009. His has served many companies, ranging from $500,000 to $90 million in sales, supplying CFO services on an as-needed basis. Industries served include manufacturing, distribution, retail, chemical, construction, and various service industries. While each company is very different, they all share the same goal of increasing profits and cash performance.
Some of the accomplishments achieved for his clients include the following:
- On a combined basis, his clients closed $25 million in loans with various banks. Of that amount, $20 million was in term debt with quarterly principal payments extending to 19 years.
- Chris was able to increase a client’s net worth from a negative at the end of 2009 to a positive equity position of $4 million by the end of May, 2010.
- Another of his clients had lost money every month in the second half of 2009. That company has now enjoyed monthly profitability every month in 2010.
All of Chris’s clients now use both a short and long term cash forecast. These tools help identify potential problems with their bank covenants and future cash availability.
He has worked with one retail client, with over 150 locations. He has improved their internal controls, provided an 18-month financial forecast that includes working capital performance, and identified seven figure improved profitability.
Chris leads all of his client’s controllers/bookkeepers to an improved awareness and effectiveness in their respective positions. In all cases, the client’s main finance employee has an improved relationship with the business owner, who in turn can focus on growing their company.
Prior to joining B2B CFO®; Chris worked for five different companies spanning almost 30 years. Chris grew up in the Chicago area. He received his degree in Economics from Northwestern University and his MBA from Lake Forest Graduate School of Management. Chris passed the CPA exam in 1986 on the first sitting. The fact that these distinctions were earned while working full time illustrates Chris’ work ethic.
Chris brings passion and energy to every business he works with. Having worked with both high growth and turnaround companies, Chris will deliver solutions in any situation your business faces.
If your business can benefit from improved profitability, increased cash flow, entrepreneurial insight, financial structure/discipline, enhanced banking relationships, and strategic planning, then Chris James will be a valuable partner for your business. What’s more, he can deliver this at a fraction of the cost of hiring someone with the skillset he possesses.
Chris has been married for 33 years and has three children and one grandchild. He has served on several boards of directors in Dallas and enjoys golf and sailing.
- Northwestern University
- Lake Forest Graduate School of Management
Certificates & Licenses:
- FENG of Dallas
- FEI of Dallas
- Planned Living Assistants
Articles by Chris James
- SMALL BUSINESS COMPLIANCE 2016: WHAT SMALL BUSINESSES CAN EXPECT (part two)
- Knowing what you have is key when selling your business
- Funding a Business Acquisition
- 16 small business resolutions for 2016
- 5 Questions To Help You Manage Your Business Finances
- Core Competency. Outsource the rest.
- How to create a clear project plan (CIO.com)
- Negotiating Strategies
- Keep It Simple Part 4
- Keep It Simple (part one)
- Six Steps to Selling Your Business
- How to structure a small business
- 5 Things You Should Know About Winning Business
- The 5 things you should not do when looking for a commercial loan.
- Vision, Mission, and Strategy
- Hiring or Outsourcing CFO – Right time to hire full time CFO (part one)
- Financial Outlook for US based SMEs in 2015
- How a CFO can benefit your small business
- Selling A Small Business—12 Crucial Steps
- Build Your Business to Maximize It’s Value
- 10 Cost Saving Ideas for Small Business Owners
- 6 Ways to Kick Your Sales Force into High Gear
- 6 Tips for Finding and Training a Successor
- Why Do I Need a CFO? Interesting question for Dallas based companies.
- 8 Surefire Ways to Demotivate Your Employees
- Is your comp structure in sync with your marketing strategy?
- Preventing Fraud in Small Companies
- Facetime: Chris James of B2B CFO on the right financial advice at the right price
- Unclogging the Innovation Pipeline
- The Exit Strategy™ Seminar 2014 Gets People Talking!
- HOW TO VET YOUR BUSINESS’ POTENTIAL BUYER
- LOVE IT OR HATE IT: INVOICE FACTORING CAN GROW YOUR BUSINESS
- Here are five things you need to know about your markets
- Why You Should Be Using Your Accountant for More Than Taxes
- Why You Need A CFO
- This Is When You Need A CFO
- Being a Leader within your company
- Two Numbers Every Business Owner Should Know
- Cultivating The Mindset of a Successful Entrepreneur
- MINIMUM WAGE INCREASE COSTS SMALL BUSINESS $30 MILLION
- How to exit your small business gracefully
- Tax Breaks Every Small Business Needs to Know About
- When to Hire a Bookkeeper or Accountant
- How Much Is Your Business Worth?
- Working Capital Improvement
- Buying a Franchise? What to Look for in a Company’s History
- An expert’s top 10 tips for getting acquired
- Have You Hired The Right Bank?
- Is a Merger Right for Your Business?
- PROFESSIONALS YOU SHOULD HIRE WHEN SELLING YOUR BUSINESS
- Increased Business Sales
- Expense Reduction Services from our Expense Reduction Specialists
- 3 Tips For Selling Your Small Business In 2014
- Jerry L. Mills Named Among Top 5 Finalists of the Middle Market Thought Leader Award
- One Way To Make Tax Season Easier For Your Small Business
- U.S. Small-Business Owners: Mixed Expectations for 2014
- Top 3 Small Business Health Insurance Alternatives for 2014
- What Business Owners Can Do to Plan Their Financial Outlook for 2014?
- Seven Conclusions About Small-Business Health Insurance
- To Get a Business Loan, Know How the Bank Thinks
- Don't Hire an Additional Employee Until You Check These 3 Things
- Detailed Guide to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA)
- Exit Planning: Two Elements to a Business Transfer
- Business growth – are you ready for the next level?
- Building Better Corporate Boards
- 5 Helpful Government Websites for Small Business Owners
- Exit planning is a Complex Decision
- The Exit Strategy Handbook
- What are your core values and why are they important?
- When Should an Entrepreneur Hire a CFO?
- Set Your Goals – Get Results
- The Best Way to Grow Your Business
- Tune-in To Find Out Who Wins!
- First Time Company Audited Financial Statement (Part B)
- How to Create a Financial Management System
- First Time Company Audited Financial Statement