About Kirk Coyne
Kirk has over 30 years of financial, operational and small business ownership experience, which has equipped him well to help companies improve business performance, create value and achieve their goals.
Kirk’s career has spanned a broad spectrum of financial and operational experiences, ranging from senior management roles in multiple business units of a multinational enterprise to business ownership and advisory roles with small closely held businesses. Kirk is experienced in leading businesses through business transitions, including due diligence, acquisition, integration, expansion and optimization phases. Kirk is a strategic thinker, analytical, results oriented and problem solver who brings an entrepreneurial mindset to business challenges and opportunities.
During his career, Kirk has worked in a variety of different industries and business segments, including manufacturing, industrial, distribution/logistics, wholesale trade, construction materials, building products, mining and real estate.
After beginning his career with a “Big Eight” public accounting firm, Kirk has held several senior financial and operational positions in both the United States and Europe, including CFO of an international business unit, Controller positions at both the business unit level and corporate world headquarters, Regional President of a multisite operating unit of a manufacturing/construction materials business, and operating responsibility for the U.S. distribution activities of a cement manufacturing operation. More recently, Kirk owned a small business engaged in the building stone industry, serving as the CEO/CFO. Under his leadership, a strategy was implemented to broaden the product portfolio, expand presence in key markets, and enhance product distribution. During his ownership tenure, Kirk also demonstrated the ability to work through difficult economic conditions by navigating the company through the Great Recession/financial crisis that put tremendous strain on the business. Kirk also drew upon his business transition experience, leading the exit strategy process that culminated in the eventual sale of the business.
Some of Kirk’s specific skill areas include:
- Strategic and business planning
- Cash flow management
- Credit management/accounts receivable
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Measuring business performance
- Financial and management reporting
- Financial analysis
- Exit strategy/business transition
- Resource allocation
Kirk earned a Bachelor of Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting from the University of New Mexico (Anderson School of Management), and an MBA from Duke University (Fuqua School of Business-Global Executive MBA Program).
Kirk and his wife Charlotte, a native Texan, have been married for 30 years and are the proud parents of three wonderful and successful children.
- Duke University (Fuqua School of Business)
- University of New Mexico (Anderson School of Management)
Certificates & Licenses:
- Certified Public Accountant (Texas)
- BBA, MBA
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Texas Society of CPAs
- Financial Executives Networking Group (FENG)
- Duke Alumni Association
- National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB)
Articles by Kirk Coyne
- Business Owners’ Financial Reporting Checklist
- Recession-Proof Your Business
- Are You Plotting the Right Course for Change & Improvement?
- Transitioning Your Business? 11 Do’s and Don’ts
- Employee Theft- Is it Happening to You?
- Is Your Exit Strategy Setting You Up for a Good Retirement?
- Financial Chiefs: Letting you get back to business!
- Budgeting Tips for Your Business
- What To Do When Growth Stalls
- Marketing Mistakes That Hurt Cash Flow and Growth
- Why You Should Think About Your Exit Before You Even Start
- Changes Business Owners Can Make To Drive Profits Higher
- 3 Lessons to Overcome Scaling Issues