About Tom Washington
Tom is an experienced CFO with over 30 years of experience who can bring extra tools to the business owner who wants to accelerate company growth or plan for a future exit or transition.
Tom brings benefits from his “Big Eight” accounting firm experience and “Big Eight” National consulting practice experience to the business owner. He also has over 20 years of direct experience as a successful business owner of businesses going from “startup to successful transition” in multiple industries.
Tom’s businesses have won major business awards for fast growth such as the Dallas 100 Award, Dallas Business Journal Fast Tech 50 Awards, and the Pacesetters Award.
Tom is a hands-on, results-oriented strategic resource for your business. During his business career, Tom has:
- Negotiated and closed new or additional financing for business expansion or additional cash flow
- Successfully identified opportunities to increase operating income and business growth
- Negotiated and closed acquisitions of complementary businesses to accelerate growth
- Successfully disposed of excess assets or businesses to increase cash flow
- Managed key vendor relationships such as banks, benefit providers, attorneys, accounting firms and insurance agents
- Developed long range business plans, cash flow forecasts and annual operating budgets
- Trained staff and managed key financial person transition
- Acquired, evaluated and disposed of company real estate assets
Tom is a licensed Certified Public Accountant in Texas and holds a Certified Global Management Accountant designation from the American Institute of CPAs. Tom is a licensed Real Estate Broker in Texas.
Tom earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree with concentrations in Comprehensive Public Accounting and Mathematics from the University of Wisconsin with honors. Tom has completed additional post-graduate courses in real estate and operations research.
Tom and his wife Billie have been married for 35 years and have two grown children and two grandchildren. Tom has a passion as a volunteer and has served many roles in his community such as Trustee of two county Board of Trustees, co-Chair of school district bond issues, Assistant Scoutmaster of his son’s boy scout troop, Sunday School teacher in his church, Statistician and Coach for youth sports leagues and as a Treasurer of a major state political party.
- University of Wisconsin, Eau Claire, WI
Certificates & Licenses:
- Certified Public Accountant (Texas)
- Certified Global Management Accountant (AICPA)
- Licensed Real Estate Broker (Texas)
- Financial Executives International (FEI)
- Financial Executives Networking Group (FENG)
- American Institute of CPAs (AICPA)
- Texas Society of CPAs (TSCPA)
- National Association of Realtors (NAR)
- Texas Association of Realtors (TAR)