About Tony Nichols
Tony has a passion for serving as an advisor and problem solver for CEOs and owners of privately held companies, ranging from family owned businesses to organizations with multiple owners and investors. With over 35 years of financial, management and operational experience, Tony has served in various roles, including CFO, Treasurer, COO, and Corporate Controller. His experience as an auditor with a national public accounting firm and as an internal auditor (internal consultant) with two national organizations were significant influences in preparing him for his current advisory practice.
Prior to joining B2B CFO®, Tony helped one company grow its revenue over 150% over three years and helped manage double digit growth with other companies. He also had valuable experience dealing with trade creditors, banks, taxing authorities and personnel issues during economic downturns.
Tony’s industry background includes residential, commercial and war zone construction, real estate development, healthcare, manufacturing, professional services, hospitality (restaurants and hotels), oil & gas exploration and production, printing, automotive and non-profits.
Other areas of experience and expertise:
- Cash flow and working capital management
- Cash and profit forecasting
- External and internal financial statements: separate entities and group consolidations
- Internal management reporting and analysis
- Job costing and project budgeting
- Operational auditing, evaluation of controls and procedures and improvement recommendations
- Investor, bank, attorney, tax preparer and insurance provider relationships
- Human resources, including benefits
- Partner and executive compensation
- Outsourcing payroll and benefits administration to Professional Employer Organizations
- Accounting system selection and conversion
Tony earned his BBA in Accounting from The University of Texas at Austin and is a CPA (inactive) in the state of Texas. He is a Chartered Global Management Accountant and a Certified Management Accountant (inactive). Tony lives in Richardson with his wife Dr. Keila Nichols, and has four children.
The University of Texas at Austin The University of Texas at Arlington